Monday, March 1, 2010

Moving Right Along...

Okay, we're done with The Knowledge of the Holy. Good stuff, but time to move on. So, for a while, I'll be reading essays from Readings in Christian Theology, vol. I edited by Millard Erickson. I won't begin from the beginning, but I'm doing readings from his section on Revelation. No, not the book, but the idea of God revealing Himself through the Bible. If you want to read about the book, check out my blog on Revelation: An Illustrated Commentary.

For the next few blogs, I'll be posting about a conversation myself and some other Mennonite pastors had about theology. Then I'll begin posting from Erickson's Readings, beginning with Kenneth S. Kantzer's "The Authority of the Bible".

Since we are in "meta" mode, I'd like to mention briefly about my series of postings on The Law. I think I mentioned in a comment that they are intended to be read as a whole, not any as an individual part. Sometimes I get an idea in my head and it takes a while to state the whole thing. Sorry if you find my posts too long or dull. Other blogs have shorter posts. But when discussing theology, I like to get a whole idea out, if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment