Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Plan for This Blog

Celebration! This is my 20th blog!

Okay, so what are we about here? The basic plan is to have a discussion of various theological points. That sounds really dull on the surface, but theology is exciting. Millions of people have died on theological points, nations have fallen, religions rose and fall and friendships have been broken. That doesn't sound like an auspicious beginning for a blog by a Mennonite, but I'm just saying that theology is exciting.

I'm not planning on beginning any bloodshed. Rather, as the post says, I am hoping that this discussion on theology will allow us to devote ourselves better to God, loving Him and following Jesus better. My first few posts will be kinda dull and long, perhaps, but they'll get shorter and more interesting as we go along.

After a couple introductory posts, this is the basic plan:

I am going to devotionally read classic theological works, beginning with Bonaventure's Tree of Life. I invite any reader of the blog to join me in reading the work.

I will compare these theologies to what I understand to be the theology of Jesus.

I will write devotional quotes or descriptions or critiques of the theology I read in order to re-describe Jesus' theology.

I will also occasionally put my own thoughts about Jesus' theology without reference to a classic theological work. Just for fun.

Anyone is welcome to challenge me or to ask questions at any point.

I will put my comment under some main theological categories:
Theology proper, Ecclesiology, Ethics, Anawim theology, etc.
Hopefully, over time, this blog will develop into full theology. One that makes sense as a whole, I hope.

So that's what we got! Hope you enjoy it! Or, if I'm writing to myself into cyberspace, that's okay, too!

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment