Monday, October 11, 2010

Looking for Suggestions

Well, I've finished my set on "Tough Questions for Christians"-- AZ hasn't made any more since question 36. It was fun, though.

I've got some fill in stuff to use, but I have a question for you. I have a number of books I could read and comment on, but what would you like to see?

Eat, Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, which has recently been made into a movie
The Shack the popular Christian novel by Gresham local William Young
The Thomas Merton Reader, which I have on my shelf from the library
Introduction to Ethics, a lecture series by Catholic Philosopher Peter Kreeft
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, which I could re-read and make comments on
The Imitation of Christ, the classic by Thomas Kempis
or
Spiritual Life In Anabaptism, a reader of sixteenth century Anabaptist writers.

If you have any opinion, make a comment or send me a note.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I got no responses. So for all six of you that read this comment and are interested as to my choice, I'm actually going to go through two works. Peter Kreeft's lecture series on Ethics, which is alternatively called, "What Would Socrates Do?" Simultaneously, I'll also be going through C.S. Lewis' classic work, Mere Christianity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this......in the future can you do The Shack? I read it, loved it, but there is a lot of controversy over it and another author wrote "Burning Down the Shack" actually (which I haven't read). Leanne Tipton

    ReplyDelete