Friday, April 23, 2010

Apologies

Sorry that I haven't been posting as much here. It's not that I haven't been doing my reading. I've been devouring the book God Is Not Great, actually. It's simply that I haven't had as much time for writing, because I've been getting ready for a fundraiser that Anawim is having tomorrow.

I will give a tidbit, which I will say in depth later:

The problem with religion is when it separates itself from humanism. If people get so focussed on their idea of God that people don't matter any more-- or certain people-- then religion is worthless. In fact, any form of any religion that forgets about the basic tenant to "love your neighbor" or to help the poor or to have compassion-- that religion is a part of what is corrupting and demonic about humanity.

It is just as John said: "If anyone says 'I love God' but hates his brothers, is a liar. For no one who hates his brother, whom he can see, can love God whom he cannot see." I John 4:20. If we love God, then loving humanity goes hand in hand with that. If we do not do good to humanity, we do not love God.

Well, that's all for today. Gotta run.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, brother! Can't wait to read the sequel. Oh, and by the way, the word is "tenet", not "tenant". Your friend in Christ, Sue Palmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That I am. Now if only someone will hire me to do what I was trained to do :-)

    ReplyDelete